About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a PROJECT MANAGER to join our Balvac team to work in Leeds.
What you'll be doing
- To manage and successfully deliver projects within the business
To manage customer relationships, and retain customers by meeting and exceeding expectations
As a PROJECT MANAGER, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Manage the project team and supply chain to deliver projects to time, cost, and quality targets and standards
- Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained
- Knowing what safety excellence looks like and communicating safety with passion and credibility, in order to inspire, motivate and manage the project team to achieve the vision
- Fostering a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project team and encouraging them to implement safety improvements
- Ensure sustainability targets are achieved
- Actively engaging with the customer to understand and deliver their key sustainability objectives
- Promoting Sustainable Solutions around all operations, particularly those related to efficient management of Waste, Energy and Water
- Leading effective Community Engagement Plans and Skills programmes
- Manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to manage expectations
- Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e. the Business Management System, including the Process Operating Model
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Previous experience in project management within the construction sector
- The ability to communicate effectively is required to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency
- Some experience of leading teams, and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets
- Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance
- An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required
- A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and a relevant technical qualification are desirable
- Experience of Lean Construction principles and Lean practitioner training are desirable
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balvac is a leading specialist structural repair, strengthening and refurbishment contractor and wholly owned subsidiary of the Balfour Beatty Group..
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Our core business is the structural repair strengthening, protection and refurbishment of existing civil and building structure across the UK. We are active in highways, rail infrastructure, power including nuclear licensed sites and industrial facilities.
Specialist capabilities include: Concrete repair, including wet and dry spray concrete, Crack injection, Leak sealing injection, Structural strengthening including the use of FRP composite materials, Corrosion Protection and Cathodic Protection, Post tensioning to bridges, tanks and nuclear reactor vessels, Concrete carriageway rehabilitation using vacuum assisted void grouting and slab realignment techniques.
Continuous Improvement Process