Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve a proper balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that works for everyone.
OUR ENVIRONMENT BUSINESS
Our Environment Business provides ‘source to sea’ asset delivery capability across the UK and Scotland working on both Frameworks and Standalone projects. Since AMP3 we have delivered in excess of £2bn assets for clients such as Yorkshire Water, United Utilities, Anglian Water, Thames Water, Southern Water, Welsh Water and Scottish Water. As an established player in the market this a great opportunity to join the team at a time of transformation as we shape ourselves to be fit for delivery in a future digital world. We have recently secured a plethora of places on the AMP7 Frameworks for Yorkshire Water Complex Civils Framework, Southern Water and Thames Water Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure projects ranging from £1-40m over the next five years.
As Construction Manager you will provide leadership for construction phase activities within the Project Teams promoting health, safety environmental and construction best practice.
- Create a knowingly safe working environment.
- Functional management of teams during the construction phase of the projects
- Co-ordination of constructability input during preliminary design phase
- Planning, co-ordination and allocation of construction staff ensuring the most efficient and effective use of the resources
- Liaise with Project Managers, Site Team and HR teams to ensure that the construction resource pool is developed to satisfy the identified requirements of the portfolio of projects
- Overall Management of construction resources including labour, plant and material
- Performance and relationship management of subcontractors
- Identify discipline specific technical issues and feedback to the detail design team for resolution
- Ensure that the construction teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man hour budgets
- Ensure that all construction activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation
- Authorise Project Construction Phase Health and Safety Plans
- Ensure that all temporary and permanent construction activities are carried out in accordance with the contract specific quality plan.
- Recognise that Health and Safety considerations are central to all tasks and contribute to ensuring safe working environment for all. Ensure safety is the first priority for all activities
- Report any HS&E issues to the Health & Safety Manager
- Understand and implement the Quality, Safety and Environmental Policies and Targets
- Comply with the Galliford Try BMS
We are looking for passion, strong leadership and a willingness to deliver excellence. So if you’re a proven Construction Manager with extensive experience working on multidisciplinary projects ideally in the wastewater sector then get in touch as I want to hear from you. We are looking to you to ensure the project above all is delivered safely, to the highest quality standards and on time. If you think you have what it takes then get in touch!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a great salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Construction Manager role or to enquire about other positions available within our environment business please contact Donna Apperley [ Link removed ]
Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community