Washington DC MainProject Location(s):
Reston, VA 20190 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
The Marketing Manager is responsible for overall management and organization of the marketing plan in support of the sales pursuit process including public relations, market research, branding, and strategic planning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop a high performance marketing team through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring.
• Develop and administer profit center marketing plan adhering to company philosophy and branding standards.
• Manage the business unit marketing budget, looking for efficiencies and cost saving opportunities within the region and the company. Review and approve all material invoices.
• Govern information management systems related to marketing.
• Manage high quality proposals, qualification packages and marketing materials adhering to all necessary legislative and regulatory requirements. Collaborate and proofread storyboard technical sections with technical staff and review/edit their narrative for content, clarity, and compliance. Strong technical writing experience is preferred.
• Research current trends in marketing technology to develop and design best in class techniques for marketing materials.
• Direct and manage project related functions, e.g. photography, signage, special events, award submissions, project updates, and brand awareness and adherence.
• Work with sales team and senior leadership to develop presentation strategy, structure, and style and coaching the presentation team. Coordinate presentation rehearsals, coach as necessary
• Network with industry firms to develop shared ideas to identify teaming opportunities. • Capture information from debriefs and understand client issues.
• Develop and execute all profit center public relations and social media activities.
• Work with Human Resources to create and maintain an internal communications program to facilitate information sharing within the company; involve leadership and technical staff.
• Compile/prepare special reports for annual marketing forecasts and manage and prepare monthly department sales reports.
Qualifications: Minimum 4 year degree in marketing or related field plus 8 years of marketing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to successfully supervise multiple staff of different levels; possesses strong specialty skills and knowledge. Ability to adapt to and learn new technical, imaging techniques under constantly changing competitive marketing demands. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing. Exceptional computer skills, current proficiency in desk-top publishing software. Must be flexible, able to work under pressure continuously meeting project deadlines. Must be a highly motivated creative individual. Displays initiative, independent thinking and teamwork. Must have prior experience with InDesign.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*May perform other duties and necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor