About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Manager to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Smethwick.
Initially based on the Midlands Metropolitan University Hospital project in Birmingham, and subsequently other Midlands projects. Responsible for supporting the implementation of BIM and Digital Construction standards, policies and procedures, following company/client/Government standards and procedures relating to Digital geared towards to deliver a successful Digital project. Support Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick in the creation, development and implementation of the Balfour Beatty Digital Strategy.What you'll be doing
As a BIM Manager, your main responsibilities are as follows:
The BIM Manager will educate people, develop / implement process and use technology during stages 3 6 and also develop the model in to an as built status with data attached to it for the future operations and maintenance when the scheme is handed over to the maintainer.
Who we're looking for
- Engage early with all Stakeholders to develop the projects Digital Strategy, Digital Execution Plan and Client goals
- Work with the Project Team to deliver the project Digital Strategy, Digital Execution Plan and clients goals. Engage early with all Stakeholders via the Projects Common Data Environment
- Working with the project team to implement processes/culture/technology which can be used during the Construction phase during the Detailed Design
- Phase of the scheme before construction and limiting/excluding potential conflicts before reaching site
- Working with the project team and Supply Chain members for the use and development of the Project Information Model (PIM) and Non Graphical content
- Working with the project team to implement processes/culture/technology so that Programme can be linked to the Detailed Design Model i.e. 4D for Construction and own/support
- Working with the project team to implement processes/culture/technology so that costs can be linked to the Model i.e. 5D for Construction and own/support
- Working with the project team to implement processes/culture/technology so that an As Built model is created for Handover and Commissioning and own/support
- Working with the project team to implement processes/culture/technology so that Asset Information/data can be linked to the model producing a 6D Model for Handover and Commissioning and own/support
- Working with the project team to implement processes/culture/technology for Digital Site Management Techniques / mobile technology
- Research , Develop, Implement, Review new ways of working which will benefit the project by increasing efficiency, reducing cost, improve quality, sustainability and aiming for Zero Harm
- Reports / Innovation Case Studies created on a weekly/monthly based which is shared with line Management to be shared around the business and record benefits
- Attending meeting with line management giving presentations to internal and external parties on the benefits and KPIs gained from the project
- Develop processes; implement a digital culture with the use of Digital Technology across the project which aligned with Balfour Beatty Built to Last and build a Digital Balfour Beatty
- Track and report the progress of the project implementation and delivery reporting value gained from the implementation of Digital processes
- Demonstrate the BBV behaviours
- Collaborate relentlessly
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- A degree, or HND in a relevant subject is desirable, as is Professional membership of one or more of the following: RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE
- Recognised Industry Specialist, 5-10 years industry experience
- Can Lead and inspire Technical ability with the use of Digital Software applications and train others
- Mentors all project stakeholders internal and external to achieve client /project goals and aspirations
- Prove record of implementation and delivery of the latest industry guidelines for Digital project delivery such as BS and PAS internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure and deliver
- Experience of working collaboratively in either a consultant or contractor environment and delivery of complex MEP projects
- Proficiency in IT and experience in multiple digital processes on pervious schemes
- Create effective relationships with the project team, supply chain partners and clients under time pressure to deliver Client and Project goals and aspirations to Project deliverables
- Technically proficient, able to work to their own initiative, and willing to learn about BIM and Digital construction on high value construction projects
- Experience of BIM and Digital Construction within the construction and engineering industry
- Excellent experience in the use of BIM software including Revit and Navisworks, additional experience with Solibri, Sketchup, Synchro, CADmep, and AutoCAD desirable
- Experience in data attachment and an understand of the processes and deliverables required as part of the delivery process for COBie data drops
- Excellent experience in running BIM coordination/clash meetings and producing reports
- Excellent experience in managing 2D drawing output from models in line with a design process
- Understanding of the construction market, methods of construction, plant, equipment and labour requirements
- Relevant CSCS Card
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Full understanding of Design, Construction, Asset Management Stages in the Digital lifecycle
- Understanding multiple digital techniques and ability to train /mentor and develop other team members
- Experience in producing BIM 4D sequence animations
- Good understanding of mobile IT and in particular how mobile IT can be utilised on a construction site
- Understanding of Digital Construction software desirable, including BIM Field 360 or other site management tools
- Understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring and linking programmes to BIM
- Valid CSCS card
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.