About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Category Buyer to join our Water business unit to work in Peterborough.
What you'll be doing
- The Category Buyer will be responsible for the generating of purchase orders and contract numbers for goods and services across Water recycling and Water programme areas;
- The overall challenge of this role is to outperform against the Procurement Whitebook initiative by driving efficiencies by working collaboratively with key stakeholders throughout the organisation.
As a Category Buyer you will:
Who we're looking for
- Develop innovation opportunities within the category;
- Manage the materials master codes in association with the materials catalogue;
- Ensure all orders are generated and issued to the key stakeholder within the agreed SLAs (Supply chain provider and the Site team);
- Ensure that the description data inputted within CCMS (Cost Capital Management System) is correctly aligned to the materials catalogue or descripts the works being undertaken;
- Manage all Age debt to minimise late payment to the supply chain;
- Ensure all orders are noted for expediting where appropriate;
- Highlight any potential performance issues both in delivery and communication;
- Manage the timely delivery of Alliance goods within the agreed period. Working alongside the Expeditor;
- Escalate issues to the relevant Senior Buyer, Procurement lead or Category manager f performance;
- Maintain good relationships with the construction team;
- Knowledge building of products and service with key stakeholders.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
Why work for us
- Analytical skills;
- Stakeholder management;
- Data management;
- Attention to detail;
- Able to manage time pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- stakeholder management and influencing skills.
Balfour Beatty - Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The @One Alliance (Project)
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group has been a member of Anglian Waters @one Alliance since 2004, delivering a number of major water projects.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. Partners on the project are Anglian Water (Client) Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH, Skanska and Sweco.
The contract is based from an integrated office at Peterborough offering a collaborative, innovative and unique working environment with a subsidised caf(C), free parking and teams focused on the customers we serve within the Anglian Water region.
Based in Peterborough, with good transport links from Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and Rutland, the roles include all engineering disciplines, quantity surveyors, project delivery managers plus many more.
The collaborative working environment allows our teams to develop many technical and personal skills to enhance future personal opportunities within the alliance project.About us
Balfour Beatty, the international infrastructure group has been a member of Anglian Waters @one Alliance since 2004, delivering several major water projects.
The @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme.
The Anglian Water @one Alliance will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately GBP1.5billion between April 2020 and March 2025, known as AMP7 the current five-year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders.
The contract is for the entire five-year regulatory period, from 2020 to 2025, with extensions which could take it to 2030, making it one of the longest collaborations in the sector. It operates within an alliance of delivery partners set up by Anglian Water.
As a stakeholder within the Anglian Water @one Alliance, Balfour Beatty provide both design and construction services across the whole of Anglian Waters region, which is the largest by geographic area in the UK, stretching from the Humber to the Thames estuary and from Buckinghamshire to the East Coast. Work is mainly focussed on clean water Infrastructure (water mains), but also includes wastewater infrastructure and both water and wastewater non-infrastructure projects, such as treatment works and pumping stations.
The @One Alliance overview
There has never been a more exciting time to be part of the nationally leading Anglian Water @one Alliance. As we embark on AMP7 and the challenges that will bring we are pushing the boundaries of innovation and efficiency to dramatically change the way we work.
Whether we are building state-of-the-art Water Treatment Centres or using the very best in 'no-dig' technology to improve sewer networks, whilst causing minimal disruption to customers, we are always at the forefront of innovation, pushing ourselves further and further.
We empower our people to lead, be safe, healthy and successful by supporting them and providing exposure to a wide range of opportunities for development as well as the very latest in sustainability innovation and digital transformation.
Attention To Detail
Supply Chain Management