We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions. Think big, create better
Are you an Environmental and Sustainability Manager passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as the Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU)?
Our Environment and Sustainability team provides strategic environmental consultancy services across transport, utilities, defence and local government infrastructure. The team has a diverse range of skilled people with expertise in ecology, noise, air quality, landscape, arboricultural services, archaeology, carbon modelling, EIA coordination, EMS and auditing, and GIS specialists, servicing the environmental consulting needs within the wider Amey group. The Role
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Senior Environmentlist – Environment and CEEQUAL Manager. The successful candidate will work as part of the project team and wider sustainability team to embed NR/L2/ENV/015 ‘Environment and Social Minimum Requirements’ and all TRU Sustainability requirements.
Being an experienced Environmental Manager at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you. In a typical week you will:
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Embed yourself with the specific design and construction team throughout GRIP 4-6
- Work with the project and sustainability teams to embed NR/L2/ENV/015 ‘Environment and Social Minimum Requirements’
- Review tenders and work with sub-contractors to ensure they fulfill project sustainability and CEEQUAL requirements
- Responsibility for CEEQUAL project resource efficiency strategy brief, resource efficiency workshops and CEEQUAL travel plan briefs
- Deliver Environment and Social Management plans, Environment and Social Risk Assessments, Site Waste Management Plans, and Community Impact Assessments
- Manage and complete a programme of site inspections during all GRIP stages including design and GI works at GRIP 4&5
- Utilize the Network Rail EN4 inspection checklist template
- A degree in Environmental Science or similar
- Full membership of a professional body (IEMA, IES, CIWEM, CIEEM) or actively working towards
- Previous experienced in a construction environment (preferably rail)
- Knowledge of CEEQUAL V6 (Assessor qualification desirable but not essential)
- Experience embedding NR/L2/ENV/015 ‘Environment and Social Minimum Requirements’ into design and construction projects
- Working in an alliancing environment
- Collaborative working, a role model and advocate of the Alliance Charter
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, operating within a matrix management structure
- Actively supports safety engagement and social value initiatives within the Alliance
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
What else is better about working for Amey?
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.