The Superintendent is responsible for field operations in assigned areas or aspects of the project. He/she ensures the work is performed in a safe, timely, profitable, and ethical manner, in accordance with contract documents, design, budget, and schedule. He/she directly supervises field labor forces and Assistant Superintendents. What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the safety of all assigned employees and subcontractors to ensure the safe execution of all activities, including the strict adherence to company safety policies and programs through the communication and enforcement of the Skanska Safety and Health Management Program, including the ability to independently stop work for a safety violation or suspected safety violation.
- Monitor project labor, materials, subcontractors and equipment as work progresses and take necessary actions to control as he or she shall determine.
- Has accountability for schedule input and adherence, cost, quality, and project profitability
- Support positive relationships with clients, designers, consultants and the community
- Prepare and submit daily reports documenting jobsite progress and conditions for payment purposes
- Attend and participate in project meetings
- Supervise and direct Assistant Superintendents and craft through planning, means and methods, manpower requirements, material quantities, equipment needs, and work schedule
- Fully understand project equipment and materials
- Coordinate assigned work with different crafts, subcontractors and inspection staffs
- Ensure compliance with project and Skanska’s DBE compliance program
We're Looking For:
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Knowledge and understanding Labor Regulations
- Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills
- Broad understanding of construction industry
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Function effectively within a team unit
- Understanding of construction documents and drawings
- Computer proficient with ability to adapt to new innovations and processes
- Capable of leading and managing craft and non-craft employees
- Basic knowledge of construction industry including equipment, labor, means and methods, codes and standard
- Bachelor of Science in Construction or Engineering preferred, but experience may be considered in lieu of
- 5 years related construction experience
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
is one of the world’s leading construction and development companies. In the
U.S., Skanska’s core operations include building construction, civil
infrastructure and developing self-financed commercial properties, which
together generated $8 billion in revenue in 2018. As a developer in the U.S.,
Skanska has invested a total of $2.3 billion in commercial and multi-family
projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City, Skanska has offices in 28
metro areas with 9,000 employees nationwide. Skanska is an industry-leading
innovator in both safety and project execution, and offers competitive
solutions for both traditional and complex assignments to help build a more
sustainable future for our customers and communities. Global revenue of parent
company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm
Stock Exchange, totaled approximately $20 billion in 2018.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best
Employers of 2019 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Complex Problem Solving