About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Instrumentation and Monitoring Engineer to join our team to work in Birmingham.
To develop and implement monitoring plans, programmes, and procedures for installation, protection, operation and removal of the instrumentation and monitoring systems required to construct and operate HS2.What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for
- The installation, commissioning, operation and removal of instrumentation and monitoring in accordance with the Construction Programme related to the assets being monitored
- Ensure baseline data readings are taken prior to construction, and in accordance with third party requirements as necessary, and that data is continuously available for the periods required
- Attend/Chair Shift Review Group meetings, Contract Technical Committee meetings and other monitoring meetings as required, acting as BBV subject expert and package lead
- Critically analyse monitoring data from the operational I&M Systems (provided mostly by Subcontractors); take the lead for the relevant Designers/I&M
- Subcontractors to identify and assess trends and anomalies; present engineering assessments to BBV, HS2 and third parties
- Assist development of action plans for trigger breaches and implement actions where required
- Assist the I&M Manager with management of the I&M Subcontractors
- Management of the Clients and Third parties requirements, including related to interface and access
Why work for us
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, or other engineering or scientific subject or equivalent experience.
- Management, installation, implementation, operation, maintenance and removal of instrument monitoring systems on a major construction project of similar nature
- Data assessment/analytics from civil engineering Instrumentation and Monitoring systems
- Dealing with different project stakeholders at all levels & third party asset owners & the public
- Commercial and NEC contract management experience, including management of subcontractors
- Able to demonstrate implementation of innovative I&M solutions
- Achieved or working towards CEng MICE/CICES or similar
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability. About us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.