About the role
Balfour Beatty Homes is currently recruiting for an Architectural Technician to join our Kettering or Derby office. You will be working on smaller schemes of up to 80 homes which are usually 2 -3 bed houses.
We are looking for an established Architectural Technician with experience of house building from either an architectural practice or house builder.What you'll be doing
As an Architectural Technician , your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Coordination of design and working drawings for core range and site specific housetypes
- Production of standard details and external works information
- Liaison with external consultants and planning & building control authorities to obtain cost efficient and practical planning & building regulation solutions.
- Liaison with external consultants in the production of specialist design information
- Liaison with external architects in the production of site specific housetypes and external works information
- Input into ensuring that all regulatory compliance / approvals are gained in a timely manner and in line with overall program
- Provide Architectural support to the site teams
- Review of production information prior to issue
- Input into the pre construction health and safety file
- Review and update design risk assessments on a regular basis
- Ensuring that site specific housetypes are compliant with site specific regulatory and planning requirements
- Ensure duties are carried out in line with company standards relating to Quality,
- Healthy & Safety and Sustainability issues
- Big picture focus working to key dates to ensure effective site starts.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
The following qualities and experience are essential:
Why work for us
- Ideally a qualified architectural technician / technologist with housebuilding product and layout experience.
- Experienced in:
- New build residential development (housing and apartments)
- Coordination of external Architectural teams and 3rd party suppliers / designers
- Product & layout design
- Value engineering
- Regulatory compliance
- Ideally experience of a similar role within a plc volume housebuilder.
- Software competence specifically in Autocad but also including MS Word, and Excel
- Good written, verbal and communication skills
- Self motivated and well organized with ability to operate efficiently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Investment Information Security Policy
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect.
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Zero Harm Agenda.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Hardworking And Dedicated