About the role
Balfour Beatty are currently recruiting for a Design Coordinator to join our Regional team in based in Crewe.
You will be working on civils projects including some HS2 early works packages and other regional projects with values of up to GBP60 million. The projects are typically highways and structures so we are looking for candidates from an engineering background. This team have a secured pipeline of work for the next 3 years with further long term contracts being agreed.
Our Midlands head office is based in Birmingham and site based travel will be required, for this reason all applicants should be able to drive.What you'll be doing
As a Design Coordinator, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- To assist the Design Manager with organisational aspects of the project
- Document control- BIM Model sharing, requests for information, technical queries, BIM Execution Plan, Consultants scopes of service and responsibility matrix, file management, gate papers.
- To assist design teams in verification, validation and certification of designs, and ensuring compliance with Building Regulations and Employers Requirements (ERs), such as:
- Schedule of accommodation checks
- Drawings reflect requirements of Construction (Design and Management) and Zero Harm
- Designs are in line with customer requirements and expectations using
- Reviewable Design
- Data process
- Designs are in accordance with BREEAM/similar requirements and budget constraints
- Ensure delivery of design documentation in line with design and submissions programme:
- Assist in Technical checking
- Assist in writing of submission text
- Collating drawings/submission material with transmittals to post to teams
- Dealing with enquiries from designers/supply chain/sub-contractors
- Liaising with Design Team members on approval matters
- Monitoring and policing document control system:
- Dealing with notices, actioning, ordering drawings and distributing.
- Liaising with designers/sub-contractors and inviting them onto the system
- Training designers/sub-contractors and other personnel on the relevant document management system
- Liaise with internal and external construction and design staff
- Support the application of Lean construction techniques in order to save money, reduce waste and optimise construction.
- Support the implementation of the BIM CSUK protocols, including teamwork and collaboration and the management and sharing of data relating to BIM models
The following qualities and experience are essential:
Why work for us
- The individual should be a graduate with an understanding of Design and Engineering or have experience in Design and Engineering.
- They should have a customer centric approach and have the ability to support
the delivery of strategic initiatives.
- It is recommended that they are working towards Professional Membership and professional qualifications in Building or Engineering relevant to the business stream.
- A valid CSCS card is required.
- Good communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and
development, with a focus on the customer and the relevant business stream.
- Good working knowledge of BIM is required and will be expected to meet the requisite BIM competences associated with this role.
- Excellent IT Skills, relevant to the business stream, including BIM and Microsoft
Office are required.
- Numeracy and good written communications skills are required.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Dealing With Enquiries
Document Management Systems