About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Administrator to join our Rail team to work in Ashford.What you'll be doing
As a Maintenance Administrator you will:
Who we're looking for
- Processing of Stoneblower Engineering Timesheets;
- GRNing of Delivery Notes;
- Raising Purchase Orders;
- Booking and managing Training Requirements for Engineering Personnel;
- Undertake a full range of administrative duties to ensure an efficient service is delivered including document control duties for the Stoneblower team;
- Act as Engineering Focal Point for Central Function Queries. HR/Fleet/I.T/ Recruitment;
- Reconciliation of Purchase Card transactions on HSBC Web Portal;
- Support the commercial teams in the gathering of costing information for accounts and to monitor project performance;
- Processing of Holiday requests;
- Ensure general health and safety is maintained and project related administration duties carried out in line with Business Management System as and when required;
- General duties for example: Minutes of Meeting, Photocopying and Scanning and any other ad hoc assistance as required by the company;
- To promote a professional image at all time in support of the companies and department values;
- To carry out any additional responsibilities from time to time in line with business needs.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
Why work for us
- The ideal candidate must have a self-driven attitude and show the ability to use his/her initiative for everyday tasks and be able to work well under pressure;
- A thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion always, using a high level of integrity;
- Good telephone manner;
- Strong organisational, time management and workload prioritisation skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Work well within a team environment but also capable of working without supervision;
- Enthusiastic and proactive with a willingness to learn.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.