Nashville MainProject Location(s):
Huntsville, AL 35801 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
With safety top of mind as we care for our employees and partners on our projects due to COVID-19, you may experience a delay in response to a position applied to or a request to interview. Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this challenging time. Please stay safe and we look forward to engaging with you soon.
Position Description: Prepares detailed estimates for Industrial projects based on the construction drawings and specifications. In the performance of this function, the Industrial Piping &Mechanical Estimator is responsible for the communication of bids and scopes of work to supervisors.
Reports To: Senior Estimating Engineer, Chief Estimator or Preconstruction Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*: Lead responsibility for:
- Preparing complete quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for any scopes typically designated as mechanical including, process piping, equipment installation, plumbing, etc.
- Performing a constructability analysis through the identification of design and constructability issues.
- Developing a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
- Serving as liaison with subcontractors, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Preparing detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost.
- Preparing and assembling bids and proposals for different contract types (Lump Sum, Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP), Cost Plus, etc.)
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated.
- Preparing scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
- Working with Operations staff and fellow estimators to ensure that General Conditions and General Requirement items are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Obtaining and evaluating subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determining if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps.
- Making recommendations to the Chief Estimator and Client for contemplated expenditures.
- Supervising Assistant Estimating Engineers, Estimating Assistants and/or Interns as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of two years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor