Nashville MainProject Location(s):
Huntsville, AL 35801 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
With safety top of mind as we care for our employees and partners on our projects due to COVID-19, you may experience a delay in response to a position applied to or a request to interview. Thank you for your patience as we navigate through this challenging time. Please stay safe and we look forward to engaging with you soon.
Position Description: Manages business unit (BU) estimating department and is responsible for all estimating functions during preconstruction phase.
Reports To: General Manager or Regional Preconstruction Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Manage the Estimating Department and allocate appropriate resources.
- Manage and be accountable for the reimbursement of Estimating staff and costs as they pertain to G&A.
- Lead, train and develop the Senior Estimators, Lead Estimators, Estimators, Assistant Estimators, including completing performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the work product of the Estimating Department.
- Oversee and manage the process of reviewing drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make Senior Management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Overall responsibility of developing lump sum bids for management approval.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and architects. Provide market research information for upcoming work.
- Coordinate/review the development of the General Conditions/Requirements estimate and review with Senior Management.
- Maintain local and national historical data and develop cost trends.
- Manage and oversee the value engineering process during preconstruction.
- Collaborate with Business Development in the preparation of proposals and participation in presentations.
- Collaborate with Procurement in developing and evaluating procurement schedules and resources and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
- May be called upon to perform the duties of a project based Preconstruction Manager.
- Participate and contribute to the Launch Matrix for each milestone.
- Participate and contribute to Constructability Reviews for milestone estimates per the Launch Matrix.
- Coordinate with Operations Lead to support preparation, scheduling, evaluating, executing and managing the Launch Matrix and Launch Matrix meetings for each estimate milestone.
- Coordinate with Lean Manager to develop and execute Pull Plans for design, estimate and GMP schedules.
- Provide input to constructability reviews and coordinate with the Operations Lead to ensure the constructability reviews are completed in a timely manner and incorporated into the milestone estimates, to the extent required by contract.
- Prepare comparison analysis to previous estimate and develop a clear and concise message to explain the variances for each of the project stakeholders.
- Generate, coordinate and manage Budget Control Reports between each milestone estimate to manage cost events and value engineering opportunities. Provide variance reports for each milestone estimate to communicate scope development.
- Lead or support establishing the Target Value Design process as appropriate for select projects.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar and a minimum 8 years of estimating experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Additional experience in project engineering, field supervision or purchasing required. Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and trade practices. Conceptual ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of the Owner/Architect requirements. Should demonstrate imaginative, innovative and succinct approach to a project. Excellent leadership, verbal and written skills required. Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite programs and Turner’s estimating software. Complete knowledge of the estimating documents and the ability to provide accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis of the documents. Must be able to multitask and meet established deadlines.
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor