\r\rCanada - Vancouver
\r\rVancouver, BC V5K 0A1 CAN
\r\r\rMinimum Years Experience:
\rForeign LocalJob Classification:
Bachelors DegreeJob Family:
Position Description: Manages multiple projects or individual larger projects/accounts, including management of Special Projects/Interiors Division (SPD) Project Managers (PMs)
Reports To: Special Projects/Interiors Division (SPD) Manager (SPM) or SPD Operations Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Train, develop and manage Project Managers, Superintendents, and assistant level staff, including providing input on performance evaluations.\r
- Develop and manage client relationships.\r
- Generate new sales.\r
- Lead competitive bid teams and respond to all other proposals.\r
- In conjunction with Business Development, develop and negotiate contract with owner.\r
- Responsible for project budget and profitability.\r
- Manage and develop staff as assigned, including providing input on performance evaluations.\r
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.\r
- Direct and manage preconstruction and budget development.\r
- Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.\r
- Ensure that Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) protocols are in place.\r
- Oversee master project schedule.\r
- Hold frequent, regular staff meetings on all projects to communicate appropriate information.\r
- Ensure payments are received on time.\r
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four years of formal engineering or architectural training and minimum seven years' building construction experience required or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles. Familiar with various construction methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances. Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Very strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.\r
Physical Demands: Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
\rTurner welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Product Quality Assurance
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)