About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Management System Coordinator to join our team to work in Birmingham.
Responsible for helping to initiate and then maintain systems to review and monitor compliance with contract requirements and parent company standards and targets. What you'll be doing
Who we're looking for
- Maintenance of Environmental Management System (EMS) and documentation to ensure legal and client requirements are met
- Improvement and seeking efficiencies in current EMS processes and embedding them in BBV construction operations
- Internal EMS auditing and performance reporting
- Coordination of EMS implementation by the environment and wider project teams
- Development and implementation of systems to ensure BBV subcontractors have robust environment management processes
- Management of Environmental Opportunities and Risks
- EMS training and awareness raising
- Collaboration with Innovation and Transformation Team and progressing selected opportunities for action
- Internal and external assurance
- Assist Environmental Minimum Requirements and Compliance Manager in client and parent company reporting
- Helps manage environmental opportunities and financial/programme/reputational risks to the project
- Fully understands the legal and Client requirements/conditions of contract, as they relate to environmental sustainability issues
- Helps develop robust and comprehensive processes to deal with compliance of environmental requirements, working collaboratively with the whole project team
Why work for us
- Good experience of environmental issues in a work environment
- Excellent IT skills and experience of data management
- A sound understanding of environmental legislation and principles of environmental management systems
- Understanding of the benefits of working collaboratively to obtain the best outcome
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of managing environmental initiatives/projects
- Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills
- Member of an environmental professional body desired not essential
- Experience of construction of large-scale infrastructure projects preferred not essential
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
Environmental Management Systems