Orlando, FL 32801 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Job Title: Assistant Engineer
1. Act as liaison with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other job staff and owner’s representatives in resolving issues related to plans and specifications.
2. Have general knowledge of all general contract and subcontract documents, as well as the job estimate. Oversee and make decisions related to contract drawings and subcontract information. Ensure that all drawings and specifications properly relate to the estimate.
3. Manage the project budget.
4. Manage submittals and shop drawings. Assess conformance to contract specifications. Resolve any conflicts in interpretation. Negotiate change orders. Manage information on changes in the work; prepare an independent analysis, as required; obtain and check estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtaining approval of the architect and owner; and resolving any conflicts.
5. Oversee the close-out process. Prepare final records including RFIs, close-out records, warranties, as-builts, operation and maintenance manuals, attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluate information to insure compliance with contract documents.
6. Supervise Engineering Assistants, Plan Clerks and Interns, including providing input on performance appraisals.
7. Prepare scope of work documents for trades.
8. Develop reports including General Conditions Items, labor, safety, change order logs and quality control; and
9. Schedule and manage subcontractor trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and one (1) year in the job offered or one (1) year in the Related Occupation.
Field Engineer or any other job title performing the following job duties:
1. Work as part of field operations team to assist in obtaining, evaluating and coordinating all information needed to construct assigned projects in accordance with the contract documents and to assure that the work meets all safety standards, is within schedule requirements, and is constructed to the highest level of quality possible.
2. Perform line and grade work for building layout and control as required.
3. Assist in the implementation of the site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with company safety standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
4. Assist in the maintenance of contract documents and electronic web-based documents for field operations.
5. Assist in the preparation of Daily Construction Reports (DCR’s).
6. Review all work as it is being placed to be sure it is accurate within accepted tolerances.
7. Review contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation; and
8. Assist in the preparation of project as-builts.
JOB TIME: Full Time
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor