Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years’ experience. It is a Spanish multinational company operating through 4 divisions; Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees.
• Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a project as designated by the Senior Commercial Manager
Skills & experience
• Subcontracts are properly prepared and managed to reflect agreed scope including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, compensation events, programme submissions etc., that all contract files are maintained and kept up to date
• Responsible for developing procurement schedule and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services in line with solution cost estimate allowances and programme.
• Reporting on actual costs v estimate and identifying underlying reasons for any variance and resolutions, in particular highlight, challenge and resolve variance to latest plans.
• Ensure all project team members (including site staff) understand contractual arrangements to meet Client and partner requirements
• Work with delivery team to ensure project and programme risk mitigation plans are considered, put in place & administered.
• Work in collaboration with the Delivery Team to identify implement and monitor efficiency plans throughout the lifecycle of a project
• Maintain accurate financial records for audits and cost assurance.
• Accurate Final Accounts are prepared in a timely manner.
• 5+ years of experience in quantity surveying
• Experience within a Construction/Engineering environment preferred
• Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveying background
• Knowledge of NEC3 contract
• Strong Commercial background
• Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies
• Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities