Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we’d like a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
Our Morrison Constrcution Central business is currently looking for an Administrator on a fixed term maternity contract a to be based out of our offices in Robroyston to offer support for the business unit. Please note that the address for this position is Rowan House, 2nd Floor, Robroyston Oval, G33 1AP
Provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Morrison Construction Central Business Unit
- general clerical duties including typing, photocopying and binding documents
- maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- handle requests for information and data
- raising Purchase orders
- paying invoices to set deadline dates
- dealing with any invoice queries that suppliers/internal staff may have with regards to payments
- Ordering of any Stationery or PPE office and site staff
- Archiving any site or office files
- Processing expenses for the Directors
- resolve administrative problems and enquiries
- coordinate monthly health and safety report
- open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Assist with the companies charity and social activities
- Any other adhoc requirements
Experience and Qualifications:
- computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- oracle knowledge would be desirable but not a necessity
- viewpoint knowledge or similar would be desirable but not a necessity
- Administrative qualification would be desirable but not a necessity
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with an enviable track record of delivering schemes that strive to provide positive, lasting change for the communities we work in. With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industry’s leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
The Building Division works across health, education, defense and commercial markets, with a well-balanced spread of both public and private sector clients. Our extensive experience and expertise in building projects enables us to understand our clients’ construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community