Salary and benefits: Up to £45k
Business area: Utilities – Telecoms
Join Kier, connect
to your future.
At Kier we connect and create spaces and places.
Being part of Kier connects you to strategically important
projects and contracts, where your skills and expertise will be utilised to
positively impact people, communities and the environment for generations.
Kier Utilities keep our telecoms clients’
customers connected to superfast broadband, digital TV and the latest
full-fibre gigabit internet services through the design and construction of new
fibre networks as well as the maintenance of existing HFC networks.
With our new growth and ambition to be industry
leaders, we are looking for talented, professional and customer centric people
to join our team.
With a nationwide 5G fibre build planned over the
next 10-15 years, it’s a great time to work in Telecoms. Working for Kier
you’ll be at the forefront of this growing market, providing you with
opportunity to expand your skills and achieve your career ambitions within a
dynamic and passionate team.
Reporting into the Commercial Manager,
the Quantity Surveyor will have the ownership of the regions commercial
activities, including client applications, cost
management, forecasting, and WIP & Cash management and sub-contractor management.
The role requires a professional
individual who can manage both internal and external stakeholders, an
understanding of budgeting and cost control and ability to manage the regions
commercial and cost administrators.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Managing the regions cost team to ensure orders are placed accurately,
GRNs raised and spend is within the set forecast spend and relevant to the
- Setting up and managing subcontract agreements, regular meetings, payments, deductions and final accounts.
- Driving WIP reduction through application checks, and timely change control.
- Ensuring best practice and accuracy in applications
- Maximising entitlement and managing change
- CVR reporting for incorporation into monthly management accounts
- Ownership of
weekly costs and reporting
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
aware with past knowledge of finance control
- A hands-on approach with proven ability to run own jobs
- Accurate with good attention to detail and highly organized
- IT literate and experience in working with MS office
experience with Causeway Project Accounting and CEMAR systems are desirable but
Being part of Kier means living our values of being
collaborative, enthusiastic and forward
thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through
these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and
ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in
your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse
Kier is an
Let’s shape your world together.
Application closing: 26/11/2020