About the role
To provide Management, leadership and control of a team comprising Sub Agents, Section Engineers, Site Engineers, focusing on Drainage activitiesWhat you'll be doing
Who we're looking for
- Carries out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan
- Leads / Reviews Accident / Incident Investigations. Reviews and appraises findings and leads /directs the appropriate action arising (HFACS and Four Page Reports)
- Appraises improvement options and leads action / instigates as appropriate
- Leads periodic risk reviews and takes output forward to the Project Risk Register
- Keeps up to date with changes in legislation and cascades information to the team
- Ensures site audits are undertaken and takes appropriate action on the findings
- Overall ownership of Handover Documentation for Section
- Manages sub-contractor performance based on KPIS
- Ensures production of operational target programmes to reflect overall construction programme
- Chairs weekly team meetings to review performance on site
- Sets targets and KPIs in line with budget forecast
- Chairs weekly cost meetings and identifies improvement areas and allocates appropriate actions to team members
- Prepares a cost plan and manages cost v value
- Involved in the procurement of subcontractors and advises on commercial aspects / preferred attendances
- Produces the risk schedule for section, reviews and updates
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately. Suggests and implements improvements to systems
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes with clarity, including managing others in this regard.
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights.
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card. SMSTS qualified.
- Excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and independently without supervision. Reports back as necessary to update Line Management.
- Understands method statements and guides others in document production
- Understands and can guide others in the principles of Accident / Incident Investigation
- Good working knowledge of current H & S legislation
- Able to analyse and offer improvement on a fully resourced stage programme in the accepted format / software
- Experience in the management of pavement reconstruction and surfacing operations, including phasing and contingency planning
- Experienced in the management of varied infrastructure works, together with testing and handover.
- Able to produce a realistic financial forecast and track progress against programme.
- Working knowledge of the NEC and other relevant forms of contract.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Strong leadership and management skills, including pursuit of formal qualification (eg ILM).
- Wide ranging independent judgement evident, proven track record in this regard.
- Has achieved professional accreditation (eg ICE, IHT)
Balfour Beatty VINCI is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging railway project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2s Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people in the area to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 through the West Midlands area and are looking for a wide range of experts to join the team and support this unique, ground breaking project.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
You could help us build that civil infrastructure:
- 42 viaducts totaling over 11km, 66 over-bridges;
- More than 35 cuttings reaching over 30km;
- 56 culverts and other under-bridges;
- 66 embankments reaching over 33km;
- Building four motorway crossings requiring box structures and six interfaces with the existing rail requiring both dive-under and over-bridge structures.
Balfour Beatty Vinci is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures creating unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond. In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered a number of key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure. Our partnership - between two of the world's largest construction companies - creates unrivaled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.