New York MainProject Location(s):
New York, NY 10014 USAMinimum Years Experience:
High School Diploma/EquivalentJob Family:
Position: Administrative Assistant – Human Resources Department
Position Description: Provides administrative support to the NYBU HR Department.
Reports To: Senior Human Resources Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee/process day-to-day administrative items; mail, overnight mail, packages, checks, etc
- Compose and/or edit/distribute letters, memos, reports and other departmental correspondence on time
- Process orders and reports as required
- Process invoices and expense reports for payment
- Set up and maintain files
- Order and maintain all office supplies
- Manage Applicant Tracking System; coordinate interviews; communicate with applicants and candidates
- Assist with internship program; serve as point of contact for interns
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and disseminate information to business unit on company policies and benefits
- Assist with new hire orientation
- Assist with background checks, drug screening and new hire paperwork
- Respond to employment verification requests
- Execute all-staff communications as necessary
- Assist with open enrollment process within business unit
- Assist with coordinating biometric screenings
- Assist with business unit training coordination
- Track and report web-based & instructor led training
- Serve as back-up to Executive Assistant as needed
Qualifications: Five or more years' of experience in general office responsibilities and procedures. Must have knowledge in Microsoft Word and Outlook; Excel and PowerPoint; Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 preferred. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team. Degree and/or related experience in Human Resources preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance visions, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*May perform other duties as assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Microsoft Power Point