The Project Manager manages the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome and administers both the owner and subcontractor relationships for assigned projects. The Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and/or coordinate Company personnel and resources for the project (s);
- Assist with preconstruction efforts;
- Manage all aspects of project from inception;
- Prepare and execute Project Executive Plan;
- Prepare trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process;
- Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems;
- Maintain relationships with clients, designers and consultants;
- Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award;
- Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications;
- Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Superintendent;
- Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections;
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and; mentoring others and enforce IFE program on projects.
We're Looking For:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge of Prolog;
- Thorough understanding of industry;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Good math/accounting skills;
- Strong management skills;
- Functions effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients;
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent;
- 5 to 10 years of industry experience.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
- Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
- Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
- Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Skanska’s legal duty to furnish information. (41 C.F.R. 60-1.35(c))
Skanska is one of the world’s leading construction and development companies. In the U.S., Skanska’s core operations include building construction, civil infrastructure and developing self-financed commercial properties, which together generated $8 billion in revenue in 2018. As a developer in the U.S., Skanska has invested a total of $2.3 billion in commercial and multi-family projects. With U.S. headquarters in New York City, Skanska has offices in 28 metro areas with 9,000 employees nationwide. Skanska is an industry-leading innovator in both safety and project execution, and offers competitive solutions for both traditional and complex assignments to help build a more sustainable future for our customers and communities. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled approximately $20 billion in 2018.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2019 by Forbes.
Search Firm and Employment Agency Disclaimer
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Complex Problem Solving