About the role
Balfour Beatty is currently recruiting for a Civils Planner to join our Regional team in Leeds.
You will working within the civils team tendering and delivering a variety of local projects up to the value of GBP100m. Projects include; highways, structures, rail, flood alleviation and defence.
We are looking for a civils Planner with both pre-construction and delivery experience. Whilst highways experience is preferred, we will consider Planners from a variety of sectors. What you'll be doing
As a Civils Planner, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Responsible at tender stage to the Bid Manager for the range of activities involved in the project planning life cycle;
- Ensuring that the programme content is functionally compliant with the planning procedures and guidance;
- Identifying planning scope, major constraints and contract requirements;
- Identifying major quantities and factors affecting the programme;
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations construction outputs and agreeing working hours with appropriate Estimator;
- Establishing and agreeing with Operations and Bid Team key methods of construction, sequencing, installation and commissioning;
- Producing and documenting the planning deliverables including programmes, planning philosophy, presentations and reports.
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- Substantial experience of planning services within large complex environments within the construction and engineering industry;
- Good experience in the use of planning techniques and the required planning toolsets;
- Good understanding of various forms of tender documents, contract documents and specifications;
- Good understanding of various methods of planning, programming and progress monitoring;
- Good understanding of risk and opportunity management with particular reference to planning/programming;
- Good understanding of the events that initiate, and of the methods used to demonstrate, delay or change entitlement;
- RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE Plus additional skills from the CSUK Planning Development and Gap Analysis Tool.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.