We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world’s biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions. Think big, create better
Are you an Ecology Coordinator passionate about using your skills to make an impact? Are you a big thinker who loves to find better solutions to difficult problems? Do you want to work on high profile projects in the rail industry such as Wales and Borders?
Transport for Wales has awarded KeolisAmey a multi-billion-pound contract to run the country’s rail network. This is the biggest ever contract to be awarded in Wales and we will work closely with Transport for wales to deliver a new era for passengers and for Wales, with more services, newer trains, better stations and a more reliable network. As part of this contract we will be delivering the £738million South Wales Metro, in partnership with the Welsh Government and the Cardiff Capital Region. The Role
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Ecology Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Ecology Project Lead in ensuring ecological works are organised and delivered in a timely manner by leading the submission of site health and safety documentation along with coordinating the surveys and the team resourcing.
Being an experienced Ecology Coordinator at Amey Consulting, you’ll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. Whether it’s further training to broaden your skills, working more closely with your clients to build relationships, or having the opportunity to develop leadership capabilities, our environment is one of collaboration and support where the direction of your career is led by you. In a typical week you will:
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Be responsible for assisting the Ecology Project Lead in ensuring ecological works are delivered on time and in collaboration with the wider design team, including engineering disciplines.
- Assist in the co-ordination of site ecology surveys, this will involve having to work closely with the asset protection and access planning teams (both on track and off track) to ensure appropriate arrangements are made with landowners and stakeholders, alike.
- Assist with resourcing the ecology team by working closely with the Ecology Project Lead, Principal and Senior Ecologists.
- Build relationships with the wider project team, stakeholders, including statutory bodies.
- Assist in the management of survey changes and work reactively to these changes.
- Work in collaboration with the wider Environmental Team, client, designers, community, stakeholder and public relations managers to ensure the programme is achieved
- Degree educated in a relevant discipline (Geography, Ecology, Environmental Management, Environmental Science) (Essential)
- Demonstrable experience of working on large infrastructure projects (desirable)
- Experience of working within the rail industry (desirable)
- Excellent communication
- Highly organised and methodical
- Adept at working in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Confident with use of Microsoft Office
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you’re happy, you’ll think better. It’s a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that’s why we’ve worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
What else is better about working for Amey?
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people’s lives. It’s what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You’ll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You’ll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don’t believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other’s perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.