The Electrical Technician/Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Master Electrician and/or Journeyman in the diagnosis, repair and installation of the electrical equipment for transportation related assets including bridges and roadway lighting systems.
*This position is contingent upon award of contract.*
• Read and interpret wiring diagrams
• Conduct scheduled routine electrical systems preventive maintenance.
• Responsible for recording and reporting all findings upon inspection.
• Conduct scheduled routine preventive maintenance of roadway lighting cabinets and controls.
• Repair and replace following lighting systems: highway sign, bridge, aesthetic and navigation lighting.
• HS Diploma or GED required; completed an accredited apprenticeship or vocational training program.
• At least one (1) year of directly applicable experience in asset management or highway/roadway/bridge operations and maintenance; state or local government experience a plus.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able pass a physical exam (Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, bend or stoop in confined spaces, climb ladders, walk for extended periods of time, work under stressful conditions, and move heavy objects.
- Knowledge and skill in the troubleshooting, repairing and replacing the following electrical components: contactors, relays, limit switches, momentary switches, malfunctioning motors, motor controls and disconnects, relay logic circuits, variable frequency drives, automatic transfer switches, programmable logic controller integration.
• Adherence to all OSHA and NECA safety regulations.
• Knowledge of proper lockout/tagout procedures
• Knowledge and skill in repairing and replacing following lighting systems: highway sign, bridge, aesthetic and navigation lighting.
• Ability to operate Bucket Truck.
• Must be able to professionally interact with customers of all levels.
• Must speak, read and write English.