TRU is a once-in-a-generation rail upgrade programme to deliver faster, longer, more frequent and more reliable rail services across the north of England, from Newcastle, Hull and York towards Manchester and Liverpool via Leeds. By connecting the major cities of the North with an enhanced, more reliable service, it has the potential to impact the lives of thousands of passengers and support economic growth across the whole of the north of England.
Amey, in partnership with Arup, BAM and Network Rail is upgrading the route between Manchester and Leeds, which includes civils, track, railway systems and electrification. The opportunity to use modern digital signalling and train control also means we can lay the foundation for the Digital Railway.
Working with Amey on TRU is essential for anyone serious about a career in rail. You will be pioneering new techniques, using the latest technology and helping us set new standards for collaborative working. What is the purpose of this role?
The role of the PC Project Lead is to assist the Rail Systems PC Lead and overall PC Representative for Amey to manage and deliver a specific project and discharge their duties in line with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM2015) and Amey procedures. What will this role involve?
To promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with safety responsibility statement below.
- To undertake site safety tours and compliance checks on behalf of Amey
- Effectively manage the project team, including training, development and performance management.
- To provide Amey with a legal provision of site representation under both CDM 2015 and Amey PC licence requirements
- Delivering of all projects safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Governance for Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Railway Group standards, the Transpire Alliance governance, and other specific legislation.
- Aligning the project(s) with the overall Amey business strategy and processes.
- Managing geographically spread multi-disciplinary Alliance teams including: design, environmental, consents, commercial, procurement, estimating, programme controls, engineering, survey, construction, health and safety; and others to identify and deliver solutions to meet client requirements and establish robust baseline plans.
- Management of site set ups from start to conclusion
- Manage production of all required paperwork to support the Rails Systems Principal Contractor function including but not limited to WPP, TBS, relevant permits
- Produce, deliver and manage Whiteboard briefings, rosters and race cards
- Manage security of infrastructure by strategic deployment of security personnel
- Collate witness statements, interviews and production of initial reports in the event of an incident or accident
- Implement and manage ‘for cause’ testing process on site
- Provide management of sharps
- Manage supply and control of safety critical comms including DECT Comms and Back to Back Radios
- Manage dust monitoring on site and control measures to mitigate exposure
What are we looking for?
- Manage removal of hazardous waste from site to ensure work can continue safely
- Coordination and removal of waste from site in line with Site Waste Management Plan
- Manage and implement emergency management plans i.e. tunnel working
- Provide support to the alliance for site visitors, including VIPs
- Ensuring that logs are set up for managing and tracking issues, risks, decisions and lessons learned
- Preparing lessons learnt reports as and when required
- Ensuring that the engagement of any third-party project resources is managed in accordance with Amey procedures and policies
- Ensuring project compliance with Health and Safety, Environmental and other appropriate regulations
- Management of the PC footprint in line with the PC Management Plan
- Effective management of the T-4 Late Change Management Process in line with PDSW
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- SMSTS or similar H&S Qualification
- Detailed understanding and application of CDM 2015 regulations
- Detailed understanding and application of Railway PC Licence requirements
- Detailed understanding and application of PDSW process
- Excellent Level of Computer literacy – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Understanding of Railway Planning systems.
- Satisfy requirements of PTS medical.
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
- Acceptance of Sponsorship
- Industry Common Induction
- Standard 019 Briefing
- D&A Screening
- Must be able to drive.
- Basic project management/ supervisory experience in multi-disciplinary project environment.
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
What makes this role unique?
- NEBOSH Certificate in Construction or similar
- Project Management Methodology Qualification
- IWA/COSS/SWL1 Competency
- Environmental awareness for managers
- Waste Management Awareness
- Scaffold Awareness
- Commercial, Estimating, Contract and Procurement Training
- CDM (2015) Regulations Training
- Presentation skills, collaborative working
- Lean construction and general methods/awareness
- Working at Height training
You will be responsible for planning, executing and finalising projects according to agreed deadlines and within budget