Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you’re involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you’ll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
We are looking for Operatives to join our infrastructure services team on our highways maintenance contract in South Molton to work as part of a team undertaking a range of groundwork and specialist highway maintenance activities.
Working at Skanska as an Operative you’ll work as part of the operations crew assisting our workforce; undertaking various labouring duties including excavation works, laying and levelling of kerbs, slabs and bitumen macadam, drainage and gully installations.
You’ll find plenty of variety, opportunities for personal development and a constant stream of new challenges; all in a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Work as part of operations crew undertaking various labouring duties including excavation works, laying and levelling of kerbs, slabs and bitumen macadam, drainage and gully installations.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of own and other persons and to comply with all local and statutory Health & Safety procedure.
- Operate small plant and equipment used in highway maintenance with guidance.
- Install traffic management under instruction in accordance with method statements.
- Participate in Winter Services duties as required such as loading of gritters and gritting.
- Completing drivers hours sheets and Defect Sheets, adhering to GB Domestic Drivers Hours.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed fully and in accordance with deadlines.
- Keeping the vehicles clean and tidy.
- Assisting with all other weather related work e.g. Sand bag filling, salt wick filling and deploying of both as required etc.
- Participate in an out of hours emergency call out system covering the Devon Highways Services network
- Assisting in all Highway Maintenance work as instructed and dependant on experience and qualifications.
We’re looking for:
- CSCS Card.
- UK driving licence.
- LGV/HGV Licence.
- CPC qualification.
- Traffic Management qualification.
- Experience in working on highways, gully pumps and operating small plant.
- Willing to work in all weathers and unsociable hours as required for out of hours emergency call outs.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on [ Email address blocked ] if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Skanska. For a full role profile, please contact us: [ Link removed ] . The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.