About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a MR1 MAINS REPLACEMENT SITE MANAGER to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in West Midlands.
What you'll be doing
- A key member of the GDSP with front line management and day- to-day responsibility for safety, quality, cost control, customer and clients satisfaction.
As a MR1 MAINS REPLACEMENT SITE MANAGER, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- To work as directed by the Construction Manager ensuring that all operations are carried out in a safe and cost effective manner and maintain the highest standard of quality and safety whilst working to the clients specifications
- Supervise and monitor teams and individuals to consistently deliver value against
- To ensure technical compliance to agreed policies and procedures
- Compliance to programme and plan, anticipating issues and taking appropriate actions
- Final project sign off including accurate data management
- Engage with third parties/internal stakeholders to promote and drive innovation, resulting in more efficient ways of working
- Supporting the team leaders
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Registered as Competent Person on National Grid register
- Direct supervisory experience in the utilities industry
- Experience in Gas utilisation
- Valid CCN1 & MET 1 qualification (supervisor)
- Valid U.K Clean Driving Licence
- CDM/ Risk Assessment trained or equivalent
- SHEA Gas Card
- NCO Gas Level 3
- Streetworks Units 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16
- SCO Level 1, 2 & 5
Why work for us
- Working towards or willing to work towards Technical Engineer level of IGEM
- STC, Environmental Awareness
- People management and leadership skills
- Customer service skills
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beattys Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Strategic Business Unit