Location – Within 1 hour commute of Rushden
Kier Construction Eastern are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the team in Rushden who has a wealth of knowledge throughout the main contracting market, working on projects from £5-40m. Reporting into the Commercial Manager.
The team and the region:
The Rushden team have completed some outstanding projects to date and, with a full order book for the coming years, are in place to continue this performance. Kier Group believes in developing existing staff and providing the opportunity for longevity in their careers.
- Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement Kier Group's policies for risk management
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
- Implement all of Kier Group's policies including those for SHE and risk management
- Promote Kier Group’s values towards its customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
- Experience within a similar role
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Being part of Kier means living our values of being
collaborative, trusted and focused. We all have the potential to shape our
world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and
opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and
contribute to a rich and diverse culture. You can also expect a competitive
salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance,
private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days’ annual leave
(with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme
options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
to a range of attractive Flexible benefit
to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
and Agile working (dependent on your role)
to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount
Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.