About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a GENERAL FOREMANto join our Regional team to work in Lowestoft.
What you'll be doing
- To provide supervision of the works and control of a team comprising Foremen, Gangers and direct labour force.
- Supervision and control of the works of Subcontractors.
You will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Input into the production of Work Package Plans and Risk Assessments
- Provide suggestions and recommendations for Temporary Works solutions
- Identify potential hazards and proactively implement actions and controls
- Ensure all plant and small tools are adequately maintained before use
- Identify future requirements for setting out and communicate to Engineering team
- Carries out Independent Inspections of their own section and of others
- Ensures that the workforce / Gangers have sufficient and correct information in terms of specification, workmanship and finish
- Input into weekly programme and monitor progress against KPIs
- Assessment of material wastage allowances and implementation of appropriate improvement actions
- Validation of labour and plant records to the project cost control procedure
- Weekly review of small tools list
You will have the following qualities and experience;
Why work for us
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
- Understands the basic Company Protocols with regard to Accidents and Incidents investigations
- Uncompromising approach to the implementation of safe systems of work
- Good working knowledge of current H & S legislation
- Experienced in resource allocation
- Awareness of Specification and other Contract documents
- Understands the relevant Business Management System and implements systems and processes (e.g. ordering plant, recruiting labour, disciplinary procedures)
- Understanding of construction tolerances
- Experience of managing the works of direct labour and subcontractors
- Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately
- Understands the specific terms, conditions and outputs of relevant subcontractors and suppliers
- Experience of monitoring project scope and preventing creep
- Produces and monitors the daily records, including holding reviews with team members to ensure proper record standards are maintained
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.