A mixture of education projects in the United Kingdom.
At Mace, we are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about cost and commercial management. Our London office is looking to recruit a senior cost consultant who has education sector experience and can help deliver on our continued growth plans for the region.
You will be the key interface with client, stakeholders and other consultants at all project stages.Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting feasibility studies, advising on procurement strategies and contract selection, writing and undertaking procurement reports.
- Applying the value management techniques at the outset of a project.
- Managing, estimating and cost planning activities to include taking ownership of and presenting the final cost plan.
- Ensuring that final accounts are negotiated and agreed.
- Handling of contractual frameworks and standard form of contract.
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates, products and hence improve the services provided to the clients.
- Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
You have a degree in quantity surveying or cost management and a professional member of RICS. You have cost planning, budgeting and estimating experience. You have knowledge of contract law and contractual frameworks relating to construction. You have experience in managing people and risk management. You have knowledge on contract administration. You have an understanding of the issues in sustainability, social value, carbon reduction impacting the public sector.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You are expert in Capex v Opex cost analysis/advice. You will have a cost consultancy experience within an education background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.About us
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - no compromise, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”