About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER to join our Highways team to work in Reading.
What you'll be doing
- The control of an element of the works, according to the Technology discipline including monitoring and reporting of progress.
As a TECHNOLOGY ENGINEER, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Production of Task Briefing Sheets
- Manage Technology RAMS - monitoring and application
- Carries out associated briefings
- Hazard Identification and contribution to development of SSoW
- Review Works Information including Maintenance Repair Strategy Statement
- Liaison with Technology suppliers, including NRTS, on Technology issues, with Engineering and Operations Teams
- Working knowledge of HE Technology reporting systems, e.g. HALOGEN, TPMS
- Ability to read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specification
- Technology Green File preparation
- Completion of Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation in a timely manner in line with programme
- Maintaining accurate records Daily Diary, photographs, records of site discussions and as-built records
- Manage snagging rectification following SAT
- Scheme Asset Report population, submission and certification
- HA and other audit preparation and actions
- Condition survey of existing Technology equipment to be retained
- Condition survey of new Technology equipment to be installed and commissioned
- Witness and confirm Scheme Technology asset installation and testing / Commissioning
- Setting up and managing service removal programme and manage supply chain cable removals
- On site and End to end testing support
- Technology Liaison meetings
- Engineering meetings
- RTMC/ASC Liaison and management (e.g. NTOC ANPR re-alignment)
- Overseeing removal of existing HA Technology Assets and return to HA
- Duct and Chamber surveys
- Production of accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
- Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
- Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS or ECS Card
- Must be a good team player, with developed communication skills
- Understands Electrical Permit System
- Environmental awareness
- Understands all aspects of NMCS2, NRTS IP, GG182 and Highways England systems and Technology
- Able to report issues with control and information provided
- Good contractual awareness i.e. appreciates roles and responsibilities of other parties such as the Designer, Supervisor, NRTS Contractor, RCC,
- Reads and understands drawings and schedules
- Understands Activity Control Plans and production of resultant information for handover file
- Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents
- Able to produce detailed documentation for handover of completed works
- NMCS 2 Comms experience i.e. good all round technology experience e.g. MIDAS, CCTV, Message Signs, ERTs, NRTS,
- First-hand experience of MCH 1980 / GG182 (Commissioning and handover of Technology Schemes) and MCH 1349 (Handover of Technology schemes) i.e. knows what needs to happen and when
- Knowledge of specification and contract documents
- Understands what constitutes additional works
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Leadership skills developing
- Electrical Wiring Regulations knowledge
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Click here to apply to Technology Engineer