This is to support of a variety of building surveying commission in the north involving both public and private sector clients.
The assistant building surveyor is required to support the delivery of an experienced team in our Manchester office.
Our service offering tends to focus on regional and national programmes of work involving significant size and scale, working with both private and public sector clients. The offering includes:
- Programmes of survey instructions that include condition, planned preventative maintenance, dilapidations, investment due diligence and defect surveys.
- Programmes of refurbishment and maintenance project delivery/management and contract administration commissions.
- Specialist services to include party wall and bank/fund monitoring.
This role would suit a recently graduated surveyor or someone with perhaps 1-2 years industry experience, who is interested in working for a well-established consultancy practice.Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparing of feasibility studies and recommendations.
- Helping scoping, estimate and present reports.
- Helping undertake surveys, design and specification services.
- Respecting and helping in delivering services in accordance with best practice (and all legislation) in relation to asbestos, health and safety and etc.
- Helping to prepare a timely and effective post contract administration and final account agreement.
- Taking personal responsibility for some areas of service delivery.
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages.
- Working with senior surveyors, associate directors and directors to construct bids for new work.
- Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each commission is input into the sense internal database.
- Assisting with existing and new technology for data capture and reporting
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team within the consultancy across all sectors.
You have a degree qualification in building surveying or equivalent and a member of a professional institution such as RICS. You will have some technical knowledge in building surveying.
You are digitally savvy, can build relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams. You will have experience in building surveying in a consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including private medical insurance allowance and health and wellbeing commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.About us
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”