About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a LEVEL 2 STRUCTURE OPERATIVE to join us to work in Dartford.
What you'll be doing
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
- We are looking for a Level 2 Structures Operative to join us to work in our Scratchwood Depot.
As a LEVEL 2 STRUCTURE OPERATIVE , you will have the following accountabilties:
Who we're looking for
- Carry out all type of civil and building works with or without direct supervision
- Undertake maintenance activities within capabilities with or without direct supervision
- Complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets
- Drive vehicles as required, for maintenance purposes
- Observe all safety procedures and instructions
You will have the following experience and responsibilities:
Why work for us
- Hold a UK Driving Licence, minimum C+E (suitable training may be provided if necessary)
- Have experience working within a civil engineering or building field
- Hold an NHSS sector 12B Traffic Management Operative or willing to undertake further study to achieve the qualification
- Have experience working on a live motorway or APTR network
- Have knowledge of the current Health & Safety legislation
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.