About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Welder to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business based in Hereford.What you'll be doing
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
Who we're looking for
- Carry out all aspects of the Welding and Fabricating role;
- Operate as part of a team undertaking tasks as required;
- Work safely at all times following work instructions and maintain a clean working environment;
- Embrace our Zero Harm approach to safety;
- Produce quality product and work efficiently;
- Contribute to our Continuous Improvement approach and actively help to reduce waste in our processes;
- Undertake any other duties as required.
You will have:
Why work for us
- Candidates must be positive and enthusiastic and support a 'can do' attitude;
- Candidates must be reliable and support a continuous improvement culture;
- Willingness to learn and embrace new ideas;
- Ability to work as part of a team and be self-motivated;
- Able to use air and electric hand tools, grinders;
- Able to read drawings and understand and complete documentation relating to processes within the work place;
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety and can maintain and safe and clean working environment.
Day in, day out, our skilled and dedicated teams deliver a range of proactive and reactive services which support a reliable and safe supply of power flowing to millions of homes and businesses around the world. Our contracts range from GBP50,000 schemes to GBP100 million plus major projects.
Our people are our biggest asset and we focus on recruiting, training and developing the people who can apply innovation to deliver the infrastructure of the future. We nurture these talents, offer a great benefits package and continually invest in developing the skills of our people at every level.About us
Balfour Beattys Power Transmission & Distribution teams work with regional, national and international electricity network owners and operators to provide technical engineering solutions.
With experience and expertise across the full spectrum of the electricity grid our teams have capability across overhead lines, cable tunnels, distribution networks and substations.
From scoping and feasibility, to design, construction and on-going maintenance, our in-house experts, flexible resources and industry-leading innovations support clients in the development of some of the worlds most ambitious power transmission and distribution projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Hardworking And Dedicated