About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Skilled Operative to join our Rail team to work in Exeter.
What you'll be doing
- To carry out manual work safely and according to briefings and instructions given within the scope of work undertaken by Balfour Beatty Rail - Civils
As a Skilled Operative you will:
Who we're looking for
- Undertake production work as directed;
- Adhere to safety critical work regulations;
- Comply with quality, safety and environmental instructions and regulations;
- Attendance at team and safety briefs;
- Work with and direct subcontractors as required;
- Work towards attaining appropriate skills as requested.
Personal Qualities and Experience:
Why work for us
- Clean Driving Licence;
- CSCS Ops;
- Knowledge of safety critical work regulations;
- Awareness of safety, quality and environmental instructions and regulations;
- Basic literacy and numeracy;
- IT skills to enable letter writing, simple spreadsheet manipulation, emailing and accessing intranet based Management System;
- Track knowledge preferable PTS/COSS/MS/CC;
- Advanced level of construction skills; brickwork, tarmacking, shuttering, steel fixing, concreting, excavating, pipework repairs, carpentry, painting, fencing, tower scaffolding, erecting of key clamp and flow forge;
- Chainsaw competency advantageous;
- Operating and using plant and tools;
- Fire precaution and risk assessment
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
For an example of the exciting work our rail teams undertake click here:
[ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.