We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel. What is the purpose of this role?
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical. This role will involve installing, maintaining, servicing and repairing electrical installations, circuits and wiring systems across the prison.
HMP FULL SUTTON
Permanent What will this role involve?
What are we looking for?
- Responsibility for installing all electrical equipment conforming to ASLEC and IEE 18th Edition wiring regulations across the prison.
- Diagnose and replace failed components.
- Carry out electrical inspection tests and install electrical equipment and wiring across the prison.
- Responsibility for the security of plant, tools and materials.
- Responsible for the safe use of vehicles if needed
- Responsibility for wearing all PPE.
- Responsible for own health and safety and that of the public.
- Responsible for achieving own performance targets.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Partake with an on-call rota providing out of hour cover on the security systems.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Work on fire systems and security systems.
- Complete planned and reactive work in line with KPI’s.
- Complete required report on a monthly basis or as required.
- Work in other departments as required.
What makes this role unique?
- Amey will complete a DBS for you upon successful interview.
- To be successful as a system’s engineer and you will be currently working in a similar position.
- You will have an electrical qualification, with experience in CCTV systems, alarm systems and fire alarm systems.
- You will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Driving Licence desirable.
- City & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in Electrical Installation works.
- City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection and Testing.
- 18th Edition desirable.
- Able to work at heights of up to 12 metres.
- Able to work independently and use initiative.
- Good all-round project management knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Technical competencies.
This is a great opportunity to be a part of our successful and growing business.
Fire Alarm Systems