Dallas MainProject Location(s):
Dallas, TX 75231 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Bachelors DegreeJob Family:
Position Description: The Field Engineer position will be assigned to the field operations team and will assist in obtaining, evaluating and coordinating all information needed to construct the project in accordance with the contract documents and to assure that the work meets all safety standards, is within schedule requirements, and is constructed to the highest level of quality possible. The Field Engineer in the performance of its duties shall be responsible for the protection and promotion of the interest of Turner and all matters.
Reports To: Project Superintendent or Superintendents
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Perform line and grade work for building layout and control as required.
- Assist in the implementation of the site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with Turner safety standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Assist in the maintenance of contract documents and electronic web-based documents for field operations.
- Assist in the preparation of Daily Construction Reports (DCR's).
- Review all work as it is being placed to be sure it is accurate within accepted tolerances.
- Review contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation.
- Assist in the preparation of project as-builts.
Qualifications: Four-year college degree with formal engineering or architectural training or equivalent building construction experience and summer internship/co-op experience in construction highly desirable. Must have good interpersonal skills, desire to learn, ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, proficient with computer applications as required to perform responsibilities. A basic understanding of scheduling programs preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor