About the role
Balfour Beatty Investments has an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join our Balfour Beatty Homes team to work in East Scotland - Edinburgh
What you'll be doing
- To lead the day to day delivery of high quality housing development projects in accordance with HSES, programme and quality expectations;
- Awareness of budget, cost control and cost recovery ensuring that expenditure is in line with the contract budget and resources are utilised efficiently.
As a Site Manager you will:
- Manage and lead the site team on a day to day basis, to deliver projects safely and to time, cost, quality and sustainability targets, in line with company expectations;
- Support the Sales and Customer Care teams to ensure seamless handover from delivery to occupation and maximise customer satisfaction;
- To successfully manage directly employed and supply chain resource, and ensure appropriate coordination and segregation of construction and sales activities.
Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability:
- Ensure all operatives are put to work safely and have adequate supervision completing inductions and issuing permits to work in accordance with company policy;
- Complete regular health and safety inspections in accordance with company and statutory requirements and record and address any findings;
- Quickly report any HSES issues or concerns to relevant parties in accordance with internal and statutory requirements and support any accident / incident investigations;
- To ensure all sites, offices and welfare facilities are presented to an excellent standard at all times and ensure optimum compliance with the Code of Considerate Practice;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- To effectively plan, programme and co-ordinate all aspects of the works to ensure efficient progress is made line with agreed build programmes;
- Daily management of resource levels and materials call-offs to maximise efficiency, prevent delay, minimise unnecessary wastage, and control cost;
- Ensure progress is accurately recorded and short term or recovery programmes prepared to address any shortfalls or accelerate the works;
- Deliver monthly, half year, and year end build completions'
- Ensure all works are completed in accordance with the proposed designs and specifications;
- Liaise with the Design and Technical team to ensure any issues identified are quickly resolved and the designs and specifications updated accordingly;
- Carry out final inspection of all properties and ensure quality is in line with company expectations.
Sales and Customer Care:
- Work closely with the project Quantiity Survey to appreciate and understand the commercial implications and drivers associated with the delivery of the project;
- Ensure that no works commence on site without an appropriate order or instruction being in place;
- Ensure any additional works are identified and approved in accordance with company processes and procedures.
Who we're looking forProfessional Profile:
- Swiftly respond to all requests from the Customer Care teams to ensure compliance with company policies and customer expectations;
- Liase with the Sales team on a weekly basis to share progress updates and understand priorities;
- Ensure any handover and 7 day snags / defects are rectified within the required timescales.
- This is a position for an individual with previous experience in Site / Project Management in the Open Market Sale housing sector who is an excellent team player and team leader, able to work competently and independently;
- The individual will hold a valid CSCS card, be SMSTS qualified, be willing to become First Aid qualified and have a strong awareness of scaffold and temporary works;
- The individual should have confidence in their ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets.
Why work for us
- Good written, verbal and communication skills;
- Self motivated and well organised with ability to operate efficiently with minimal supervision;
- Able to work under pressure and motivate others to achieve deadlines;
- Able to clearly communicate requirements and ensure that these are followed accurately;
- Willingness to make decisions following consideration of options based on knowledge, experience and analysis of available options;
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel);
- Excellent role model for team and demonstrates required behavious to align business, project and team objectives;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Investments Information Security Policy;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Values of Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Respect;
- Commitment to Balfour Beatty Zero Harm Agenda.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Investments is a global infrastructure investor operating in the UK, US and Canada. We provide the investment capability to deliver complex infrastructure projects. Over the past 21 years, Balfour Beatty Investments has established itself as one of the largest investors in the PPP industry, building a portfolio of more than 70 projects worldwide, predominantly in the UK and North America.
In recent years, Balfour Beatty Investments has diversified into new markets and geographies, demonstrating a successful evolution. Our core markets include: healthcare, education, student accommodation, residential and military housing, highways and power and waste.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Hardworking And Dedicated