Galliford Try is one of the UK’s most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
We are committed to agile working, giving our people the freedom and flexibility to adapt their working life around their home life to achieve a proper balance. Our smart working approaches allow greater use of technology in the way we carry out our business, ensuring we provide a working environment that works for everyone.
OUR HIGHWAYS BUSINESS
There has never been a better time to join our family, in particular our Highways business where we have seen impressive growth over the last few years achieving tremendous success under the CDF Framework and Midlands Highway Alliance (MHA) amongst other local authority frameworks. Right now, we are poised for continued growth successfully retendering for the MHA strengthened with additional success on the Regional Delivery Partnership in collaboration with Highways England in the South West and the Eastern regions. We’ve secured a strong pipeline of work over the next few years and in a really strong position to capitalise further so now is the time to update that CV and come and join us, exciting times are ahead!
The A303 scheme runs between Sparkford and Ilchester and is worth in excess of £80m. Construction will commence in Summer 2021 and the programme will run to December 2023 (unless you can contribute to it delivering ahead of schedule!). The project, delivered in collaboration with Highways England will comprise of 5.5km of all-purpose dual carriageway, two all movement grade separated interchanges including an underbridge incorporating an existing roundabout as well as and overbridge finished with provision for cyclists, pedestrians and equestrians.
As Site Agent, you will take full ownership for your section of works ensuring you meet client and company performance expectations.
- Participate in creating a knowingly safe working environment.
- Day to day management of a section of works including the supervision and monitoring of the site team and supply chain.
- Plan, control and monitor the progress of the works and coordinate the section(s) of the project as allocated.
- Manage multiple packages of work in conjunction with the commercial team taking full ownership of the costs for section of work assigned.
- Ensure any changes in scope (operations, commercial, programme or design) are captured and managed.
- Understand any temporary works requirements.
- Undertake value engineering solutions.
- Attend external meetings as required with clients and stakeholders, building effective relationships.
- Report to the Project Manager on progress and performance.
- Assist the Project Manager in administering the cost forecast, valuation and reporting systems.
- Implementing and attending weekly and monthly site meetings.
- Ensure all site team and supply chain are working to the latest design information.
- Undertake material take offs where required and ensure materials are ordered and reconciled.
- Conduct regular H&S checks and CDM audits.
- Ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), Permit to Work systems, site inductions and safety briefings are correctly carried out.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and problems that may arise.
- Ensure and maintain strict quality control procedures.
- Ensure site team keep site diaries up to date.
- Effectively lead and manage direct reports ensuring appropriate competence is maintained, including annuals PDR’s.
- Monitor capability of staff and contractors to undertake current and prospective workloads and report to senior management.
- Identify/assist in introducing new process, techniques and innovations on site.
We are looking for passion and a commitment for delivering excellence. If you have a solid experience as a site agent with exposure to structures or earthworks packages of work then I want to hear from you. You’ll be able to manage multiple or larger packages of work, read & interpret data, drawings and specifications as well as strong knowledge of CDM 15.
Obviously, you’ll have the usual good stuff such as an HNC or degree in civil engineering and valid CSCS, but we are looking for more than just that-we are looking for the right person to work safely, motivate and manage our site teams and subcontractors on site as well as strive for exceptional levels of performance, if this is you, call me today!
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
For more information on this Site Agent role or to enquire about other positions available within our highways business please contact Donna Apperley [ Link removed ]
Galliford Try are an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications