Peru Reconstruction Government to Government programme consisting of 70+ schools, 15 hospitals and 20+ river basin, gully and drainage projects nationwide.
As part of the programme team supporting a vast procurement effort and providing governance, assurance and knowledge transfer to assist develop the local stakeholders and supply chain.
This is an opportunity to work on a government to government programme that is providing PMO, programme and assurance to the Peruvian Government across over 100 construction projects nationwide. A major aspect of our scope is to provide the knowledge transfer and upskilling for the Peruvian ministries, leaving behind a best practice legacy long after our commission ends.Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the procurement process for consultants, contractors and specialist suppliers (long lists, short lists, prequalification, tendering, mid tender meetings, writing contract placement reports, contract award).
- Compiling RFPs and tender documents and managing the outputs.
- Liaising with other experts on contract forms (lawyers) and insurance requirements.
- Researching the supply chain (locally and internationally) to understand options, constraints, lead in times, current workloads, bonding capacity, experience in sector.
- Securing and procuring all key packages for contractors and consultants.
- Ensuring that the highest standards of health and safety are considered as a priority throughout all stages of the projects life cycle.
- Developing the clients brief and procurement strategy, leading the development of new and established supply chain partners.
- Developing of the procurement and project management strategy in line with the Mace Way and the client requirements.
- Working closely with the client, operators, sub consultants and contractors to ensure timely, cost effective delivery.
- Coordinating and managing multiple stakeholders and demonstrate the ability to build robust, long term relationships and integrated teams.
You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams. You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Spanish language skills are a significant advantage and a willingness to learn is expected.Rewards and recognition
With Mace you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.About us
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East and North Africa, Americas, Central Asia, India, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”