About the role
Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Consents Engineer to join our team to work in Birmingham.
The Lead Consents Engineer will provide direct support to the Delivery Directors by assuring and providing confidence the wider Sub Lot Delivery Teams have identified all necessary Consents, are producing all relevant supporting information and are managing any conditions applied to approved Consents.What you'll be doing
You will ensure development of the supporting information and documentation for all Temporary works Consent submittals are of sufficient quality, are fully compiled and the necessary technical documentation has been provided for Pre-Application submission in conjunction with the Core Consent team.
Who we're looking for
- Ensure all Consentable areas within a scope of works are identified and provide support and guidance on the Consent needs to the wider Sublot Delivery team and Delivery Directors.
- Utilise information, technical reports, designs, BIM and GIS data to ensure consents are fully programmed and assure approval of works prior to commencement of activities.
- Develop a working understanding of the contract and technical requirements of various Consents including but not limited to Highways, Noise, Water and Ecology but defer to the Core Consents team expertise for issue of consents advice and guidance to the wider project team and response to consent related queries.
- Provide feedback to the Delivery Director on future Consents and give assurance the requirements of these have been incorporated into the programme, utilising Core Consent team durations as laid out in Core Consents teams Register.
- Assure liaison with the Core Consents Team, Temporary Works, Utilities, Drainage, Logistics and Traffic Management Teams to ensure they are aware of their associated Consents responsibilities for each elements of the project.
- Assure co-ordination, alongside the Core Consents Team, the set-up of Early engagement, Pre-Application and Temporary works Consent review meetings with the relevant Consent Granting Bodies (CGB).
- Provide feedback to the Delivery Director from engagements with CGBs (via the Sublot Delivery Teams) and ensure co-ordinated delivery dates for supporting technical documentation.
- Assure maintenance of effective records of how consent conditions are being adhered to and also provide evidence to the U&A Team to enable the discharge of relevant Undertakings and Assurances.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Able to produce detailed documentation for consent applications.
- Strong environmental awareness.
- Able to chair meetings, creating a collaborative platform for attendees to contribute to.
- Very competent in data management using Microsoft Excel.
- Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Professional accreditation (e.g. ICE, IHT)
- Experienced in interfacing with Consent Granting Bodies (CGBs) to present at Pre-Application and Temporary works Consent review meetings, Subcontractors, Client, Design Joint Venture.
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you.
Disability confident: We care about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. BBV is Disability Confident committed and we welcome applications from candidates with a disability. About us
Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.