Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a full-time Project Manager to manage, direct, and supervise project(s) delivering primary roadway asset maintenance services to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). The Project Manager (PM) provides overall management of the project to include: client management, achieving quality standards, workplace/public safety, workforce scheduling, budget control, contract compliance and reporting. This project will be located in Orange County, Florida.
• Serves as the company’s Project Manager and Team Leader for a single project performing routine maintenance of highway infrastructure, e.g. drainage structures, pavement, line striping, landscaping, signage, etc.
• Directs employees in the execution of client projects to include oversight of daily operations, logistics coordination, staff identification, third party claims, customer service requests, problem and conflict resolution, quality assurance, deliverable submission and other requirements defined under the client Scope of Services.
• Serves as the main point of contact for FDOT. Manages client relationship to communicate accomplishment of performance objectives, submission of reports in a timely manner, and respond to inquiries.
• Maintain highway asset condition to required performance, procedural, regulatory and legal standards, as applicable.
• Manages all aspects of scope, schedule and budget to drive efficiency and financial success at the project level.
• Achieve and maintain all client rating program score requirements for both the Maintenance Ratings Program (MRP) and the Asset Maintenance Contractor Performance Evaluation Report (AMPER).
• Assists the roadway superintendent in establishing work plans, methods, budgets and staffing, and verifies reports relating to maintenance/repair activities.
• Regularly validates highway inspections to ensure full maintenance needs are met per contract specifications.
• Must be able to respond to emergency situations and events (e.g. hurricanes, floods, etc.) twenty-four hours a day.
• Travels project site to provide direction to Supervisors or field personnel to ensure quality standards are met and issues are resolved.
• Works with company support functions to provide necessary level of support and communication to field operations.
• Ensures compliance with company processes, policies and procedures, and contract requirements.
Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Louis Berger Code of Business Conduct.
• Perform all other duties as prescribed by management.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of overall work experience; Associates plus 9 years of overall work experience or 10 years of overall work experience in lieu of a degree. Engineering degree or Project Management Professional a plus.
• Five (5) years of directly applicable experience in a management position delivering asset management or highway/roadway operations and maintenance; state or local government experience a plus.
• Knowledge of elementary engineering principles and standard methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in highway maintenance operations.
• Ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings and plans.
• Knowledge of the federal, state and departmental regulations applicable to the work, such as the proper use of safety equipment (i.e., shoes, hard hats, goggles, etc.), equipment operation, right of way operations, and materials handling.
• Knowledge of various highway maintenance equipment (e.g. tractors, dozers, loaders, trucks and graders) performing highway maintenance duties; material usage in the field and crew operations; quantity records and supply usage.
• Knowledge of the effects weather conditions have on road surfaces (i.e., expansion, contraction, deterioration, erosion, etc.) and the extent these conditions effect the safe movement of traffic.
• Ability to effectively present briefings/presentations to government personnel in senior leadership positions.
• Must be able to prioritize variable/fluctuating and demanding workload to include flexible work hours/days as needed to meet schedule.
• Must be able to professionally interact with customers of all levels.
• Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand government guidance for day to day work requirements.
• Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
• Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, bend or stoop in confined spaces, climb ladders, walk for extended periods of time, work under stressful conditions, and move heavy objects.
• Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, including the ability to develop and use spreadsheets.
Material Requirements Planning