About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a MOBILE HGV TECHNICIAN to join our Plant & Fleet business unit to work across Lincoln.
To effect planned maintenance inspections and repairs on specialist vehiclesWhat you'll be doing
As a MOBILE HGV TECHNICIAN, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Complete planned maintenance inspections to ensure vehicle road-worthiness
- Attend repairs/defects and rectify as required
- Ensure completion of mandatory scheduled inspections/calibrations regarding all workshop equipment
- Adherence to Safety Checks, Tool Box talks, Risk and COSHH Assessments
- Ensure the effective economic operation of the department
- Exceeding of Customers expectations
- Ensure that a safe system of work is carried out at all times and in line with the Companys health, safety, environmental and quality procedures
You will have the following:
Why work for us
- City & Guilds or equivalent qualification within the relevant field or ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of skill
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Management
- Basic computer skills
- CPC holder
- HGV Driving Licence
- Winter maintenance experience
- Specialist vehicle knowledge
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services provides whole life fleet management and plant & equipment hire solutions to the Balfour Beatty Group.
Supplying over 8,000 cars, LCVs, and HGVs, as well as specialist plant and equipment, our teams have an intimate and up-to-date knowledge of the plant and fleet industry.
From specifying bespoke vehicles and equipment, to organising lease agreements, mobilising new contracts and delivering driver risk training, Plant & Fleet supports Balfour Beattys projects across the UK with an industry leading fleet of Zero Harm and sustainably specified equipment. This allows Balfour Beattys contract teams to focus on what they do best successfully delivering essential infrastructure projects.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.