About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Street Lighting Maintenance Electrician to join our Living Places business unit to work in Sleaford, Lincolnshire.
What you'll be doing
- Must be able to carry out electrical installation work efficiently and safely.
- Carry out repairs to Faulty Street Lighting, convert existing Streetlights to new LED lanterns.
- Carry out Bulk lamp cleans / Testing to HEA Standards.
As a Street Lighting Maintenance Electrician, your main responsibilities are as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Safe and efficient installation and testing
- Work safely and in line with risk assessment and briefings
- Must be a good team player
- Bring to the attention of the Supervisor/Engineer any technical, construction or safety problems and actively take part in working to resolve.
The following qualifications are essential:
- Must have a valid HEA ECS Card
- Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship (BS7671) and obtained an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation Work or approved equivalent.
- Must have a completed a IPAF Static Boom (1b) (MEWP)
Preferred, but not essential qualifications as Training can be carried out:
Why work for us
- HESA 204.1 Hand Power Tool (cut off saw)
- HESA 210 Working in the vicinity of DNO (G39)
- HESA 202 Avoiding Danger from underground cables (C.A.T)
- HESA 214 Safe Isolation
- HESA 714 Initial and Periodic Electrical inspection and testing
- HESA 205.1 Work at Heights with steps Ladders
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Lamp (Software Bundle)