About the role
Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , and [ Link removed ] . The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Signalling Design Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of Signalling design under the instruction of the Project Design Lead. For smaller projects the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the project and mentoring junior design staff.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in. What will the role involve?
What are we looking for?
- Carry out design and assessment work for signalling elements of projects with minimal supervision
- Keep up to date with current NR, RSSB and British standards relevant to signalling design
- Prepare design and assessment reports and produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
About Amey Consulting
- A current IRSE Signalling Design License
- Previous experience of Signalling control systems
- Knowledge of interfaces between signalling/system engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
- The ability to use the design software in the discipline (CAD etc)
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the best in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.
Computer Aided Design