Skanska is looking for a strong MEP Project Manager that is well experienced in building multi-unit residential or hotels. The MEP Project Manager manages the overall MEP project direction, completion, financial outcome, and administers both the owner and subcontractor relationships for assigned projects. The MEP Project Manager is responsible for directing and mentoring on-site staff. The position requires business management acumen and must demonstrate strong leadership, organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
What You'll Do:
• Manage and/or coordinate Company personnel and resources for the project (s);
• Assist with preconstruction efforts;
• Manage all aspects of project from inception;
• Prepare and execute Project Executive Plan;
• Prepare trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process;
• Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems;
• Maintain relationships with clients, designers and consultants;
• Attend and lead project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award;
• Review inspection and test data for compliance with specifications;
• Develop and maintain site logistics plan, in coordination with Superintendent;
• Set-up QAQC procedures and conduct quality inspections;
• Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and; mentoring others and enforce IFE program on projects.
We're Looking For:
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products;
• Knowledge of Prolog;
• Thorough understanding of industry;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Good math/accounting skills;
• Strong management skills;
• Functions effectively as part of a team;
• Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients;
• Exhibits strong leadership qualities;
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Strong decision making/problem solving skills;
• 5 to 10 years of industry experience;
• Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
Developing Your Career at Skanska, You Will:
•Contribute to a sustainable future improving the lives of people, communities and companies;
•Collaborate in an open culture where sound values and dedicated people come together for greater results;
•Thrive in a people-driven international company with countless opportunities to learn and grow.
Skanska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction and development companies in the U.S., serving a broad range of clients including those in transportation, power, industrial, water/wastewater, healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation, life sciences and commercial. Headquartered in New York with offices in 31 metro areas, we have nearly 11,000 employees committed to being leaders in safety, project execution, sustainability, ethics and people development. In 2017, our work in building construction, civil and power/industrial construction, commercial development and infrastructure development (public-private partnerships) generated $7.3 billion in revenue. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $18.8 billion in 2017. Skanska shares are publicly traded in the U.S. on the OTC market under the symbol SKBSY through a Level I American Depository Receipt program.
We are proud to be named one of America's Best Employers of 2018 by Forbes.
Skanska USA Human Resources (“Skanska HR”) provides HR services to the Skanska business units within the U.S.A. including Skanska USA Civil Inc., Skanska USA Building Inc., Skanska USA Commercial Development Inc. and Skanska Infrastructure Development Inc. (collectively “Skanska USA”). As such, Skanska HR is the sole authorized representative of Skanska USA to execute any agreements with search firms, employment agencies or any employment vendor (“Vendor”). As a condition precedent to any entitlement for payment, a Vendor shall have both (1) Skanska USA Placement Agreement, and (2) an Engagement Job Order executed by an authorized Skanska HR representative. Absent the properly executed documents, Skanska HR shall have no obligation to make payment to the Vendor. Verbal or written communications from any employee of Skanska USA business units shall not be considered binding obligations. All resumes whether unsolicited or solicited shall be considered property of Skanska HR.
Complex Problem Solving