We have designed our two-year Business Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards realising your potential. You’ll join a thriving graduate network and as you progress, you’ll have the freedom to tailor your path into roles and disciplines where you can put your biggest and best ideas into practice.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
You'll deliver proactive business development, focusing on new opportunities for Balfour Beatty from new and existing customers alike. As well as strengthening relationships with existing customers you'll also develop new quality negotiated, framework and tender opportunities for the business. You'll use your customer knowledge to support work winning and delivery as necessary.
Your day to day responsibilities may include:
• Supports the Business Development Managers.
• Copy-writes, edits and reviews information researched and produced by the business development team
• Gathers, collates and formats standard Balfour Beatty Company data in order to meet the requirements for Gate Paper submissions.
• Identifies, captures and writes about BB project innovations and best practice, for use in expressions of interest to Clients
• Maintains regular communication with colleagues in the work winning team. Identifies and keeps abreast of their knowledge base and experience, to allow efficient collaboration.
• Stores collected information and outputs in a way that can be readily shared for future use.
• Liaises with the work winning teams and operations teams, ensuring that they are briefed on the details of any enquiry or project arising from a successful BD initiative.
• Keeps abreast of Proposals best practice
• Assists BD Manager in maintaining CRM database of tenders, negotiations’, pre-qualifications and leads, and in updating information on a daily basis.
• Runs CRM reports for use in Business Development Meetings.
• Compiles presentations for Customer meetings / interviews, coordinates attendees and rehearsals.
What we’re looking for:
• A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
• The ability to identify key clients in our core and emerging markets and promote our partnering approach and values.
• A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others including senior management.
• Business acumen with an ability to communicate and influence effectively to develop and maintain customer relationships
What you’ll need:
• A minimum of a 2:2 degree in a business or engineering related subject
• Ideally previous work experience or placement in a similar environment
• Eligibility to work and live in the UK
• A full, clean UK driving licence
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website [ Link removed ] to learn more.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please contact [ Link removed ]
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Closing Date – applications are open until 19th March 2021 however, Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.