About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a MECHANICAL FIELD ENGINEER to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Seascale.
The BEP Joint Venture project will safely design and deliver a Plant and the works in accordance with the requirements of the contract to enable conditioning of wastes from the various donor plants carried out in line with the Employers needs and to the satisfaction of stakeholders in the Box Encapsulation Project (BEP).What you'll be doing
As a MECHANICAL FIELD ENGINEER, you will have the following accountabilities:
Who we're looking for
- Management and coordination of all the elements of mechanical plant and equipment installation
- Receiving Engineers Orders, processing OIMS and drawings in accordance with Project requirements and to generate and issue construction work packages to the installation Supervisors including availability of approved RAMS, permits and lifting plans
- Supporting the development of 4 and 6 week look-aheads based on the programme and milestones
- Coordinating plant and equipment installation, inclusive of sub-contract activities and ensuring all scaffolding/temp works and tools are readily available
- Reviewing and reporting the weekly progress against the programme with the Mechanical Installation Manager and Planning Department
You will have the following qualities and experience:
Why work for us
- A valid CSCS card is required
- Up-to-date relevant knowledge of engineering and of industry best practice
- Focused and thorough with the appropriate skills to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken
- Previous engineering experience
- Previous management experience within the construction or relevant support services industries, together with a strong understanding of technical issues and trends in the relevant sectors, including specialist markets is required
- BPSS and P4 will be required
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to GBP2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.