About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an HS2 HR and Payroll Administrator (FTC 2 years) to join our Human Resources team within Employee Services based in Newcastle (Longbenton).
Employee Services is the HR and Payroll shared services function providing critical and continuous administrative support throughout the employee life-cycle.
Employee Services is made up of core administration teams and specialist teams who look after our 16,000 UK based employees across a range of roles in construction, utilities and rail.What you'll be doing
As an HS2 HR and Payroll Administrator, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
Who we're looking for
- Processing weekly and monthly payroll transactions and responds to related queries;
- Administer HR transactions and documentation (such as amendments to contracts of employment, changes to personal details and absence information) and provide data and reports as requested;
- Work to client requirements;
- Manage work via our CRM system;
- Prepare and manage administration for third party providers and internal stakeholders (such as Pensions, Reward, Fleet), as appropriate;
- Work within agreed deadlines to provide reports and information to third party providers of the Company Benefit and Pension Schemes;
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with said third party providers, Employee Services colleagues and internal stakeholders;
- Act as first point of contact for relevant Service Line queries and escalate when appropriate;
- Contribute to the effective working of Employee Services teams to ensure seamless service line delivery;
- Ensure a focus on accuracy through self-review and peer checking.
Our successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive and able to use their initiative. They will be responsive to the changing needs of our customers and have experience of a high volume and demanding work environment. Attention to detail is paramount in this role and our successful candidate will take full responsibility for the quality of their own work as well as supporting colleagues in maintaining our high standards. They will able to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills together with first class customer service skills.Why work for usAbout us
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
Attention To Detail